Thursday, June 12, 2008

BB Post 5 - Mix Tape

I finally made it to St.Andrews in the Fall of 2004. Applying to St.Andrews has kind of become a hobby for me. It's a long story, with it's final (hopefully happy) chapter coming up sometime next year. Anyway. St.Andrews is cold, windy, and completely perfect. Minus the haggis. Actually, I don't know about that, because I've never eaten it. They serve it in the dining halls though, which I always thought was pushing it just a bit.


Here are some pictures of St.Andrews, which will probably serve as a better explanation for my obsession. Suffice to say that my mum, when she dropped me off, seriously contemplated stealing my identity for the semester and taking my bed. But who could blame her? My room in Eden Court had huge picture windows overlooking St.Andrews Bay. The ceilings were like, 20 feet high. My father, when he saw the pictures, pointed out that Eden Court was probably the nicest place I'd EVER live. And he was definitely (and kind of depressingly) right.

Here are my St.Andrews songs:
Run - Snow Patrol
Take Me Out - Franz Ferdinand
Don't Look Back in Anger - Oasis
Some Girls - Rachel Stevens
Green Eyes - Coldplay
Somebody Told Me - The Killers
The First, the Last, My Everything - Barry White
Perfect Gentleman - Wyclef Jean
I can't actually decide if I want to write about these, individually. But since I was so grossly late on the last post, I thought I should post while the jury's still out.

1 comment:

Donna said...

You should try haggis at least once. I loved it.

My husband and I wandered a little on the edge of St. Andrews when we were there two years ago. From the golf course, we walked past the Witch Pool and tried to find a building, I think an old monastery. We never did, but it was wonderful walking next to the walls and peering up the lanes.