Friday, July 11, 2008

BB post 7 - "fireworks"

If you're looking for a way to seriously mess up my Thursday night, fire works.

Last night, Jim, Karen, Julie, Lauren and I were settling down to watch So You Think You Can Dance. We were greeted cordially by Cat (the host) and the dancers started performing the opening number, which involved tracksuits and black lights. It was kind of weird, to be honest. But, I'll never be able to form an educated opinion about the performance as a whole, because RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DANCING, fox news (those bastards) interrupted to present "breaking news" about the fire in Spokane. A fire which I'd like to point out is only moderately larger than that produced by a zippo lighter. Ok, that's a lie. But someone should tell Fox news that a "breaking news" segment does not last OVER AN HOUR LONG. We got interviews, about twenty minutes of the same STILL picture, and several particularly riveting segments in which a woman read her email. Or rather, gestured to it as if we could read the screen ourselves.

Thank God for my mother, who focused all her texting energy on providing a blow-by-blow account of the action. It was pretty cute, actually. She was abbreviating left and right (though I'm not sure if that was intentional or the byproduct of technological frustration).

So, I'm mad at Fox news and Spokane in general. Oh, and if you're wondering if I called the news desk to bitch about it...I did. I was ready to give them what-for too, except they didn't answer the phone. Typical.

2 comments:

sanrac said...

bahahaha that sucks.

em said...

That does suck. Sucked even more for my parents who had to pack up their stuff in preparation for evacuation. The funny part is that I wasn't watching TV, and I live on the South Hill, so i didn't even know about it until the next day, haha. Fortunately the fire didn't eat our house!